This is the butterfly project. You can google this, I think theres a whole website about it. This is the same thing, just in my own words
Some people think that cutting is just something you can stop. I know its not, it’s an addiction, and addictions are hard to break from.
1. Every time you want to cut, draw a butterfly on your hand or wrist (any where that is visible). Name your butterfly after somebody you know cares about you. If you feel like nobody cares, name your butterfly after someone YOU care about.
2. Friends can also draw butterflies on you. These are really special, so take good care of them.
3. The butterflies can’t be washed or scrubbed off. They have to fade NATURALLY.
4. If you cut, any butterflies that are on you die. You still can’t wash off the butterfly, though.
5. If you don’t cut, you can still draw butterflies to support somebody you know that does. Make sure to tell this person, so he or she knows you’re there for support.
Remember, I’m always here to talk to you.